Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Wiz Work Shop 9/2011


And here you are, at the Wiz'z Work Shop. Come on in. It is not a large shop as I don't have large tools. Except for my Hobart meat ban saw you see on the right side of the door. This has been a wonderful tool for milling burls and slabs into workable pieces.

On the left side of the door is a hand operated drill press from a local mine for drilling hole in it's timbers. It is just fun to look at. A bit of the way things used to be.

The large slab on the left of the picture is a piece I'm cleaning up and getting ready to design and carve this winter I'm thinkin'. I will post when I get started with it.

There is a chunk of Walnut in front of the door that I am about to mill into slabs for tree carvings or carved hearts. Not sure yet.

Not sure how to format a page yet so I am going to post this and continue doing more posts of my shop, my wood stash and a work in progress.

See you in a bit.

:^)

Wiz

No comments:

Post a Comment